Clear Choice Auto Glass is your mobile auto glass repair company. Call us and we’ll come to you to fix any chip or crack, or replace the windshield if need be.
We’ve all been there, you are driving along and a rock gets kicked up by the truck in front of us and hits the windshield leaving a chip. You drive on and wonder what harm could come from leaving the chip alone. Well, it would take just the right circumstances, such as a collision that exert pressure on the car window or frame, but the chip could give you less protection that it should because of a small chip. It is important to get even a small chip repaired. Any pressure can turn the chip into a crack.
- Modern windshields are made of two pieces of glass with a piece of lamination between them.
- The middle layer is usually made of polyvinyl butyral or orthylene0-vinyl acetate polyvinyl butyral (PVB) or ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA).
- If the chip reaches the middle, laminate layer it is very important to repair the chip as quickly as possible so moisture doesn’t get inside the layers.
- A windshield gives about 25% of a car’s structural strength so if the integrity of the windshield is compromised, so is your safety.
- Repairing a chip is much less expensive than replacing the whole windshield.
- Most comprehensive coverage car insurance policies cover the repair of the windshield.
- Any crack over 6 inches will likely require a whole windshield replacement.
- Did you know there are many different types of chips? There are star breaks, bulls-eyes, dings, pits and more.
- Where your chip is is a deciding factor on if you should get it fixed as well. If it is your line of sight, get it fixed for your safety.
CLEAR CHOICE AUTO GLASS
Monday – Friday
8:00am – 5:30pm